On Board the Coke Bus for the YOG Torch Relay

Thanks to Coca Cola and Hp, I got the chance to be part of the torch relay by being on board the coke bus along side with all the other motivators to support the torch bearers!


Photobucket

This was taken at the YOG HQ when the torch bearers from the morning league return and lit that stand. I assure you I was standing quite far but still felt the heat.

The torch bearer who return to the HQ was Loh Wei Jie, the little boy who ran 15 km in flip flops! His schoolmates were there to support him. No photos of him though, din managed to get a clear shot.


Photobucket

Here's the coke bus!


Photobucket

The whole group of motivators. They are all friendly and a very hyper group!


Photobucket

Me! XD


Photobucket

Silver, Clarence and Hp drinking coke! XD
I assure you that the coke supply on the bus is endless. There's at least a hundred cartons of coke at the lower deck.


Photobucket
Photobucket

Silver and Mint.


Photobucket

Hp and I.


Photobucket

The motivators dancing to the coke song while we were parked by the road.


Photobucket

Look at the whole stretch of supporters! XD


Photobucket

Passing by Dhoby Ghaut area, where the huge logo of the YOG is.


Photobucket

One more shot of me with the coke shaped vuvuzela~ XD


Photobucket

The coke bus, as you can see is similar to the hippo bus on the left. 
It's actually a hippo bus converted to the coke bus. LOL.


Photobucket

A group photo in front of the coke bus while waiting at the Merlion Park.

Here's a video that I have taken on the bus! XD



Previously when the torch relay passed by the area near my house, I was just standing by the road looking up at the whole procession. It was a totally different feeling when I was onboard the bus, being part of the whole thing.
My heart warmed up when I saw the public waved back at us and giving us support. It's not an easy thing at all, cheering and waving and all. Most of us were tired halfway through the journey.
I am glad to be able to be on the coke bus on that day. I am proud to have a little part in the very first YOG held in Singapore though it's not really significant.

1 Response to "On Board the Coke Bus for the YOG Torch Relay"

  1. Paradise says:

    wow, i bet you guys were enjoying yourself. wish to take part in YOG too =(

Post a Comment